CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Simulation professionals are change agents. We’re disrupters, catalysts, innovators. That’s important, because evolution and change in the future of healthcare is inevitable and guaranteed
. Since we know how to create and manage change, we are uniquely
positioned to Redefine & Redesign
that future. Through our impact on people, practice, processes, and systems, simulation professionals can lead the way.
The power of healthcare simulation has taken off like rockets launching into space. You already Redefine & Redesign healthcare through every scenario you create and debrief you conduct, and you gain something valuable and transformative every time. During our rapid growth as a profession, we’ve developed best practices, standardized terminology, created educational strategies, invented new technology, certified professionals, and accredited simulation centers. We’ve accomplished so much…but there’s even more ahead!
Simulation is more than a powerful educational tool; it’s the laboratory in which we can create and recreate, test and retest, model and remodel how healthcare is designed and delivered. We cannot become complacent in our use of simulation for training only. We hold the key that can help answer the difficult healthcare questions of the future related to costs, access to care, treatment plans, quality of training and so much more.
The Planning Committee for the 19th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH 2019) is now accepting presentation proposals that focus on Redefining & Redesigning the future in healthcare for:
Key content areas of emphasis include:
- Content written in languages other than English (Chinese, Spanish, etc)
- New ideas for connecting with learners
- Innovative educational approaches
- Effective communication techniques
- Modeling new processes and practices
- Technology innovations to broaden our reach
- Return on investment in healthcare simulation
- New research findings and impacts
- Efficient and effective systems design strategies
- Leadership development for positive impact
Join us in San Antonio, Texas and think BIG! Share your inventions, tools, breakthroughs, ideas, and vision. Together we will imagine ways to Redefine & Redesign to impact the future of healthcare Powered by Simulation.
Submit content into one of these three major presentation sections:
1. Educational Courses
Deadline: Monday, June 11, 2018, 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
- Debate in Simulation (60 minutes)
- Panel Presentations (60 minutes)
- Podium Presentation (15 or 30 minutes)
- Pre/Post-conference Courses (4 hours)
- Workshops (60 or 90 minutes)
NOTE: The IMSH 2019 Planning Committee is looking at new and innovative presentation options, and reserves the right to organize and combine submitted content into different delivery formats to optimize the final program.
2. Research Abstracts
Deadline: Monday, June 25, 2018, 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
- Research Abstract – Study Complete or Nearing Completion
- Research Study Development and Presentation Program - New, Ongoing or Developing Study
3. FIRES Manuscripts
Deadline: Monday, July 30, 2018, 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Future Innovators in Research, Education, and Simulation (FIRES) publication
program that unites two forms of academic dissemination. FIRES
manuscripts are shorter papers than typical journal submissions that, if
- Be presented along with other accepted FIRES submissions at the
2019 Meeting as an oral presentation (20 min + 10 min for questions)
- Be published as a short paper in Simulation in Healthcare (SIH) in the spring of 2019.
4. OPENING SOON!! SimVentors Showcase Entries
Deadline: Monday, August 13, 2018, 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Includes Serious Games & Virtual Environments Arcade, Innovation Projects and the Spectrum of Ideas
- Mobile Devices and Mobile Learning Systems
- Moulage and Wearable Simulators and Devices
- Serious Games & Virtual Environments
- Simulation Center Operations
- Simulation Platforms and Devices