|The International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
New Orleans, Louisiana USA
January 10-14, 2015
The SSH Education Committee introduces an exciting new contest for novice speakers. IMSH Attendees who have never presented at a national conference are encouraged to submit a video entry with a presentation proposal (details below). Six finalists selected from these videos will be invited to present their topic during the Sim Stars session at IMSH 2015.
Sim Stars is scheduled for Monday, January 12 at 9:30 am (check it out in Agenda Builder).
Even if you are not submitting, come to the finalist presentations, learn presentation techniques, and help vote on a winner!
How will this contest work?
This contest is open to anyone who has never presented at a national conference. Prior to IMSH, potential contestants will submit a short video (less than 2 minutes) in MPV format giving an overview of their proposed topic.
Six finalists will be selected from entries received. Each finalist will have ten minutes to present their selected simulation topic. The judges will give feedback on each presentation. After the presentations are complete, the judges and audience will vote on a winner. The winner will be invited to present at IMSH 2016.
To submit an entry:
Video entries will be accepted until December 27
• Select a topic that you believe IMSH Attendees would be interested in learning more about. This should be related to work you are doing or works in progress.
• Submit a video, no longer than 2 minutes that describes your presentation. Please include the title, objectives and a brief overview of the topic.
• Email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with SIM Stars in the subject line. You will receive an invitation to a Dropbox to upload your video.
• Finalist will be notified by December 29.
Submissions will be judged on:
1. Topic of interest to IMSH Attendees
2. Presentation style
3. Organization of content
Email email@example.com with any questions.