|The International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
New Orleans, Louisiana USA
January 10-14, 2015
Now Accepting Submissions
Simulation for Infectious Disease Preparedness Training – Lessons Learned
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) Education Committee is seeking content on the use of simulation-based education, research, assessment and/or systems testing for infectious disease preparedness training. The current international impact of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, enterovirus, MERS, SARS, and other infectious disease interventions will be a focus for early offerings of this programming. Modification to existing programs “on the fly” in the face of rapidly changing recommendations from regulatory agencies will be emphasized.
Accepted content will be integrated into the SSH Webinar Series, the SSH Live Learning Center, and may be eligible for inclusion as “Late-breaking Content” for the final IMSH program.
Documented improvements in patient and healthcare worker safety, demonstrated through educational programming, delivery methods, and/or instructional techniques are being sought. Share your evidence-based simulation scenarios, lessons learned, and best practices with your colleagues.
This is an ongoing submission process – no submission deadline! Accepted content will be reviewed, developed and implemented on a first come, first-served basis.
All proposals must be submitted to the IMSH Presenter Center at: www.ssih.org/home/presenter-center
· Simulation-based education for infectious disease outbreak readiness
· Simulation-based assessment for infectious disease outbreak readiness
· Simulation-based research for infectious disease outbreak readiness
· Simulation-based systems integration (systems testing) for infectious disease outbreak readiness
Required Proposal Components
· Course Overview (450 characters, includes spaces)
· Three (3) Learning Objectives (250 characters each, includes spaces)
· Detailed Content Description (No character limit)
· Instructional Timeline (No character limit)
with any questions.