There are existing sites that help in linking people with each other. Some of those “social sites” do have areas that address researchers specifically.
- LinkedIn group of Society for Simulation in Healthcarehttp://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=1775666&trk=anet_ug_grppro
- ResearchGATEhttps://www.researchgate.net is a free social networking site aimed at scientific researchers from all disciplines of Science. It provides free access to powerful web applications including semantic searching (whole abstract searching), secure time-incremented file-sharing, publication database sharing (e.g. endnote libraries), forums, methodology discussions, groups etc.
- ORCID http://orcid.org/
- Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com/
- ResearcherIDhttp://www.researcherid.com/ is a global, multi-disciplinary scholarly research community. With a unique identifier assigned to each author in ResearcherID, you can eliminate author misidentification and view an author’s citation metrics instantly. Search the registry to find collaborators, review publication lists and explore how research is used around the world.
- SERMOwww.sermo.com Online community where physicians around the nation exchange the latest medical insights with each other and improve patient outcomes.