SSH NOMINATIONS FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE OPEN!
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare asks each year for nominees to its Board of Directors. The Board functions as the strategic planning group for the Society and is accountable to the members for its policies, its stewardship of resources, and its public image. If you have knowledge, skills and abilities in these and other areas, the Society encourages you to submit an application as outlined below.
The positions for which the SSH membership will be electing new leadership are:
- President-elect (Officer Position)
- Secretary (Officer Position)
- At-Large Director
Position Descriptions from the SSH Bylaws can be found HERE
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in being considered for any position, submit the following in ONE EMAIL to ABurtnick@ssih.org with the subject: SSH Nomination to the Board of Directors.
- Abbreviated CV / Biosketch (3 pages or less) - Any format accepted, NIH format not required.
- An abbreviated CV is requested in order to focus the Nominations Committee on the items relevant to the application.
- Completed Nominations Application Form.
- Download HERE
- Current photo (.jpeg) of you.
- To be used for the election process on the SSH website if you are selected for the slate
- Completed Leadership Disclosure of Interest Form
- Download HERE
If you are interested in nominating a fellow SSH member for one of the open positions, please send an e-mail to ABurtnick@ssih.org with:
1. the name of the individual
2. the position you are nominating them for
3. the subject: SSH Nomination to the Board of Directors.
The SSH staff will then contact that member to acquire the required documents listed above.
You will receive a confirmation within 3 business days. If you do not receive confirmation please send a follow-up e-mail to ABurtnick@ssih.org
The Deadline for submissions is July 15, 17:00 Eastern Daylight Time.
TIMELINE AND NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE INFORMATION:
-After the deadline, the Nominations Committee will evaluate each candidate.
-The Executive Committee will ratify the slate put forward by the Nominations Committee.
-The Governance Committee will review the Disclosure of interest forms for each potential candidate. If a potential conflict is found, a COI management plan will be created. If a conflict is deemed unmanageable, the individual will not be slated for a seat on the Board of Directors.
-Nominees with be notified of the final slate.
-Elections close after 30 days.
The 2022 Nominations Committee includes:
Paul Phrampus – Co-Chair & Chair of the Governance Committee
Juli Maxworthy – Co-Chair & Immediate Past President
Michelle Kelly – Chair of Research Committee
Kelli Bryant – Chair of the Media and Communications Committee
Mary Anne Rizzolo – Previous Chair of the Credentialing Commission
KT Waxman – Vice Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee
Jarrod Young - At-Large Member
Michael Spooner – At-Large Member