SSH NOMINATIONS FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE OPEN
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare asks each year for nominees to its Board of Directors. The Board functions as the strategic planning group for the Society and is accountable to the members for its policies, its stewardship of resources, and its public image. If you have knowledge, skills and abilities in these and other areas, the Society encourages you to submit an application as outlined below.
The positions for which the SSH membership will be electing new leadership are:
- President-elect (Officer Position)
- Treasurer (Officer Position)
- At-Large Director
Position Descriptions from the SSH Bylaws can be found HERE
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in being considered for any position, submit the following in ONE EMAIL to ABurtnick@ssih.org with the subject: SSH Nomination to the Board of Directors.
- Abbreviated CV / Biosketch (3 pages or less) - Any format accepted, NIH format not required.
- An abbreviated CV is requested in order to focus the Nominations Committee on the items relevant to the application.
- Completed Nominations Application Form.
- Downloadable HERE
- Short Statement of Interest (300 words or less) on: why you want to serve, your qualifications for the position and, your interest in simulation. Most importantly, the Statement of Interest should include your vision for the future of SSH and should be specific for the role. This statement should be addressed to the SSH membership and will be posted on the SSH website.
- Current photo (.jpeg) of you to be used for the election process on the SSH website if you are selected for the slate
- Completed Leadership Disclosure of Interest Form
- Downloadable HERE
If you are interested in nominating a fellow SSH member for one of the open positions, please send an e-mail to ABurtnick@ssih.org with the name of the individual, the position you are nominating them for, and the subject: SSH Nomination to the Board of Directors. The SSH staff will then contact that member to acquire the required documents listed above.
You will receive a confirmation within 3 business days. If you do not receive confirmation please send a follow-up e-mail to Andrea Burtnick - ABurtnick@ssih.org
The Deadline for submissions is Tuesday June 25th, 2019 at 17:00 Eastern Daylight Time
TIMELINE AND NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE INFORMATION:
-After the deadline, the Nominations Committee will evaluate each candidate using the form.
-The Executive Committee will ratify the slate put forward by the Nominations Committee.
-The Governance Committee will review the Disclosure of interest forms for each potential candidate. If a potential conflict is found, a COI management plan will be created. If a conflict is deemed unmanageable, the individual will not be slated for a seat on the Board of Directors.
-Nominees with be notified of the final slate by July 31.
-Elections will open by August 1 and close after 30 days.
The 2019 Nominations Committee includes:
Chad Epps – Non-voting Co-Chair & Chair of the Governance Committee
Joe Lopreiato – Non-voting Co-Chair & Immediate Past President
Keith Littlewood – Member & Chair of External Relations Committee
Paul Pribaz – Member & Chair of Technology Committee
Geoff Miller – Member & Chair of the Meetings Oversight Commission
Melissa Chan – Member & Chair of Education Committee
Eric Bauman – Member & Representative from the Fellows Academy
Denise Foy – Member & Chair of the Hospital Based Section
Jennifer McCarthy – Member & Chair of the Emergency Medical Services Affinity Group