posted on March 24, 2020 11:47
Dear valued member,
First, we want to express our sincere gratitude for every healthcare professional during this time. We know this is a difficult time and you are working tirelessly during this unprecedented event. Our thoughts continue to be with you, and SSH will continue to provide support and resources to our members and the healthcare simulation community.
The health and safety of our employees and members continues to be our primary concern. In that light, SSH is continuing to suspend all international and domestic travel until further notice. This decision comes after we, as an organization, evaluated potential risks and determined it is in the best interest of the community we serve to suspend travel for SSH business. As the situation has continued to evolve, we have additional important updates from SSH operations:
- SSH has developed webpages for COVID-19 Updates and Resources. The direct link is https://www.ssih.org/COVID-19-Updates, and you can find this page on the ssih.org homepage in the blue navigation bar. We will maintain all official COVID-19 communication from SSH on this page. Additionally, we have created a COVID-19 resources page open to the general public in an attempt to centralize and promote relevant information. This page is updated daily, so please check often for additional resources and communication.
- SSH Accreditation is accepting applications from programs interested in seeking Provisional and Full Accreditation this May. The application deadline for new programs is May 15, 2020. SSH Accreditation is also accepting re-accreditation applications from all programs seeking Re-Accreditation. The deadline for Re-Accreditation is August 15, 2020.
Though COVID-19 has currently restricted SSH Program Reviewers from traveling, the SSH Accreditation Council implemented an emergency procedure change allowing for virtual accreditation reviews. This will be a full-day review utilizing webcams by both accreditation reviewers and program. The review day agenda will remain similar to an in-person review. This is an emergency procedural change due to travel restrictions from COVID-19 and will not be an option in the future once travel restrictions are no longer in effect. If you have specific questions regarding SSH Accreditation, please contact Kristyn Gadlage (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SSH Certification testing has been suspended in the United States and Canada. The rapidly changing COVID-19 situation has led to the closure of U.S. and Canadian testing sites for certification exams. At this time, Prometric/IQT (our testing vendor) anticipates reopening on April 16. We will post updates as they are sent to us. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Important details below:
- NEW APPLICATIONS: Applications can still be submitted at any time.
- APPROVED CANDIDATES: If you are currently approved or your application is approved to test, and you have not yet scheduled a date/time/location to take the exam, we will extend your testing window to September 1, 2020. You will be able to sign up for a date/time/location through that date.
- CANCELED EXAMS/SCHEDULED EXAMS: If your testing date/time/location was canceled, you will be reset into the approved category, and we will extend your testing window to September 1, 2020. You will be able to sign up for a date/time/location through that date.
- RENEWALS: These can still be completed normally (entering CPD and submitting renewal fee).
- The Regional Simulation Workshops presented by ASPE, INACSL, and SSH scheduled for April 24 and May 9, 2020 are postponed indefinitely. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions and/or information needs.
- SSH SimOps is currently proceeding as planned for July 2020. The event is scheduled for July 15-17, 2020 at St. Elizabeth Healthcare Training and Education Center in the Greater Cincinnati area. We are continually monitoring the situation and will provide communication of any changes as they arise. For more information at SimOps 2020 please visit https://www.ssih.org/Professional-Development/Events/SimOps-2020.
- SSH Virtual Professional Development opportunities continue to be developed.
- SSH is developing regular COVID-19 SimSeries webinars, beginning on Tuesday, March 30, at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific. These webinars will be free to attend either live, or through our extensive webinar archive in the SSH Live Learning Center.
- The SSH Live Learning Center is a free resource for all SSH members. View multiple sessions from previous IMSH conferences, including IMSH 2020, along with previously recorded SSH SimSeries Webinars. Through the SSH Live Learning Center, you can filter by event and also specific track to narrow your search for relevant courses.
- Certification Blueprint review courses and Accreditation courses are also both available completely online. Additional cohorts have been added for Spring, 2020. Register here:
- Prepare for Accreditation ONLINE
- Certification Blueprint Review ONLINE
- For more information about the different online learning SSH provides, please go to ssih.org and visit the online learning tab under professional development.
SSH is proud to have 17 employees dedicated to the ongoing, daily operational effectiveness of the Society. We are a 100% virtual office which places us in a unique position to be able to handle remote work environments with extensive experience. SSH has robust technology in place that enables our staff and volunteer leadership team to efficiently and effectively manage operations and ensure we are meeting the needs of our members and the healthcare simulation community.
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding management of a virtual office, please contact Jennifer Manos (email@example.com), SSH Executive Director, and I would be happy to set up a conference call to provide assistance.
We are continually evaluating the data and guidance provided by the World Health Organization, CDC, and state and local health authorities related to travel, quarantine, meetings & events, and will adjust travel restrictions accordingly.
SSH values our commitment to our members, affiliate organizations, industry partners, and the healthcare community. We are committed to continuing SSH operations with minimal interruption.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SSH via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer Manos, MBA, MSN, RN
SSH Executive Director