WELCOME IMSH 2019 Presenters
Thank you for presenting educational and scientific content at the 19th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH 2019). This page is your one stop for presenter updates and information as you prepare for the meeting.
REQUIRED INFORMATION BELOW:
• REQUIRED: Any changes to your original faculty list must be made immediately by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org. All faculty for each session will be evaluated, so your faculty listing MUST be accurate. Last minute changes to your faculty listing are extremely difficult to manage. Please notify us no later than 48 hours prior to your course of any faculty changes.
• To check your current faculty listing, log into the SSH Mobile App or go to IMSHplanner.com.
• Your Course Title, Learning Objectives, and Session Overview must match what are currently published. Please verify the accuracy of these items through the mobile app or IMSHplanner.com. You will be evaluated on how well you adhered to your published learning objectives.
• Please download the SSH Events App from your app store. Once downloaded, select IMSH 2019 to begin building your schedule. You must reserve a seat in the courses you wish to attend. Questions? Email email@example.com or visit SSH Central onsite.
• Faculty reservations for the sessions they are teaching are pre-populated. You do no need to reserve your seat in courses you are listed as faculty through "Manage My Sessions.”
• MANDATORY: All faculty must have a current (within the past year) bio and disclosure completed in their SSH profile. To complete this step or verify your information is up to date, log into your SSH profile at SSIH.org. Faculty information will be reviewed beginning on January 18th and those without an updated bio or disclosure will not be able to present. The IMSH mobile app allows you to upload a photo for your profile. We encourage you to do this through your profile in the mobile app.
• MANDATORY: You must verbally disclose all faculty financial relationships relevant to the content being presented at the beginning of your presentation. Every presentation will be evaluated for compliance to the verbal disclosure requirement.
• We encourage all presenters to consider becoming a mentor for the IMSH orientation event occurring on Sunday, January 27th from 11:30 AM-12:30 PM. If you are interested in this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The SSH Education Committee is conducting focus groups to better understand the current gaps in continuing educational content for the healthcare simulation community. We would love to have your honest feedback. Please consider participating in one of three sessions being held at IMSH. To participate, contact email@example.com.
• All faculty presenting educational content at IMSH 2019 are required to register: http://imsh2019.com/registration for the meeting.
• All faculty for workshops, panel presentations, debates, preconference, and postconference course directors must upload their presentation to the IMSH server for archival purposes only. Please use the following link to upload your presentation: https://myeventupload.com/IMSH2019/ Hot topic moderators, please upload your group’s content as one submission on behalf of the presenters. Silent Disco presenters do not need to upload their presentation.
• Silent Disco moderators and presenters are strongly encouraged to attend the rehearsal session on Sunday, January 27th from 5:00-7:00. You are welcome to stop by anytime between those hours for a quick tutorial on the system. Each presenter will be allotted one microphoned headset for their presentation.
• Silent Disco attendees are encouraged to bring headphones. Headphones will be available onsite. Additionally, you are welcome to use your own device to listen to these sessions. If you choose to use your personal laptop, phone, or tablet you can download the software, please download Audio Everywhere.
• Any faculty using ARS can download the software at: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads/turningpoint-desktop/. For any questions or issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. As an attendee, you can download the Turning Point App for easy access in courses that utilize ARS. You can also access ARS through the browser- http://www.rwpoll.com and then type in the session ID.
• We encourage you to use the IMSH 2019 Power Point template: IMSH-2019-Template-PPT
• All course faculty are responsible for printing additional course materials. SSH will not make copies onsite.
All presenters are responsible for their own IMSH registration fees, travel and lodging expenses. Discounts on IMSH registration fees are not available for presenters at the meeting.
IMPORTANT!! Bring Your Own Laptops or Tablets to Present
You will present your electronic files (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, etc) from your own computer, laptop, or tablet at the meeting. A projector will be provided. Please bring the appropriate adapter so you can connect your device to the projector. Your connector must connect from your device to a standard HDMI port.
Connection Testing Center
An AV Connection Testing Center will be located in the SSH Presenter Center, Room 220 on the second level of the San Antonio Convention Center. You will be able to test drive your presentation device connection with the meeting projector system, run through and update your presentation, and obtain assistance from the meeting AV staff.
Each room will be set with one projector and screen and a sound system.
Additional AV equipment is not available. For flip charts and markers stop by presenter center to pick up what you need.
Course materials will not be printed by SSH. If you are providing handouts, please print these materials and bring with you or ship to your hotel addressed to you. There is a business center onsite and local print shops in the area if you chose to print course materials once in San Antonio.
IMSH Presenter Center
Put the final touches on your presentation, get AV assistance, upload your final electronic files, and obtain assistance with all of your presentation and technical needs in the IMSH Presenter Center, located in 220, on the second level of the San Antonio Convention Center. All presenters of workshops, panel presentations, and debates must upload their presentation onsite for archival purposes.
Use of Institutional Logos in Electronic Presentation Materials
It is acceptable to display your institutional/commercial entity logo, in a non-promotional manner, on the first slide of your electronic presentation materials.
Presenter schedule conflicts have been resolved to the extent possible. If schedule conflicts remain for presentations you are involved in, please make every effort to resolve them within your presenter team(s). Schedule changes will not be made at this time. If you need to edit your faculty listing, send those requests to email@example.com as soon as possible.
IMSH Planner Reservations for Faculty
Download the SSH Events app from your App store to begin building your schedule.
Audience Response System (ARS)
We will be utilizing Turning Technologies cloud ARS system, ResponseWare for this meeting.
If you have requested equipment for your course, we are working with our vendors to secure those requests.
Session Title, Overview and Learning Objectives
Your Course Title, Learning Objectives and Session Overview
must match what are currently published. Your learners will evaluate the degree to which you adhere to your published learning objectives in their course evaluation. These items may have been edited. You can check to be sure these items are consistent with the presentation you are preparing by referencing your course listing in the submission system.
All rooms have been assigned based on the enrollment we are projecting for your course and your selected delivery format. You may locate your assigned room in the IMSH Planner on onsite. A link to floor plans of each room will be available on our website. Please note, these floorplans cannot be changed.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
It is the policy of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) to insure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all educational activities. All individuals in a position to control content of SSH educational or scientific content must disclose the name of commercial interests producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare and/or simulation-related goods or services with which the individual and his/her spouse or partner has had a relevant financial relationship within the past 12 months.
Please review the definitions below of “commercial interest”, “financial relationships”, “relevant financial relationships”, and “conflict of interest” to ensure compliance with this policy.
Commercial interest: A “commercial interest” is defined as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare and/or simulation-related goods or services used on patients. Providers of clinical service directly to patients are not considered commercial interests.
Financial relationships are those relationships in which the individual benefits by receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee, honoraria, ownership interest (e.g., stocks, stock options or other ownership interest, excluding diversified mutual funds), or other financial benefit. Financial benefits are usually associated with roles such as employment, management position, independent contractor (including contracted research), consulting, speaking and teaching, membership or advisory committees or review panels, board membership, and other activities from which remuneration is received, or expected. Relationships of the individual’s spouse or partner are to be included as those of the individual.
Relevant financial relationships:
Financial relationships with commercial interests are relevant if they have occurred in the 12-month period preceding the time the individual is involved in controlling SSH educational and/or scientific content. There is no minimal dollar amount considered for relationships to be considered relevant. Inherent in any amount is the incentive to maintain or increase the value of the relationship.
Conflict of Interest: Circumstances create a conflict of interest when an individual has an opportunity to affect SSH educational or scientific content about products of services of a commercial interest with which he/she has a relevant financial relationship.
Non-Promotion of Relevant Financial Relationships during Educational Presentations
Required Verbal Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Note that at the beginning of an SSH educational presentation, course directors and all contributing faculty members must verbally disclose all relevant financial relationships, and list those relationships on electronic presentation materials used during the presentation. Cooperation with this requirement is essential. Faculty will be evaluated on whether or not disclosure was made.
If financial relationships exist that are not related to the topic being presented, these relationships do NOT need to be disclosed.
If relevant financial relationships exist, in addition to verbal disclosure at the beginning of the presentation, faculty must discuss how the content has been adjusted to avoid the introduction of commercial bias during the presentation. For example, faculty may state that:
▪ “I am covering topics other than those represented by my relationship with (Name of commercial entity).”
▪ “I will not be presenting this content in a promotional manner.”
▪ “I will not endorse (name of commercial entity) during this presentation.”
▪ “Another faculty member is covering content related to this commercial entity.”
▪ “There will be no case studies or activities presented that in any way represent past, current or prospective clients of (name of commercial entity).”
▪ Any recommendations made during this presentation are evidence-based, or consistent with current consensus-based simulation practice.”
Educational content delivered by individuals with relevant financial relationships will be monitored by a member of the SSH Education Committee Content Advisory Team.
Promotional Activity Restriction & Non-endorsement of Commercial Entities
Endorsement of commercial entities, products, goods and services is not permitted in learning sessions that award contact hours. This will be strictly enforced.
In addition, faculty using equipment or materials for instruction during presentation of accredited content must refrain from endorsement of commercial products or companies during the presentation.
If you are presenting in the Silent Disco format, you will be provided with a table for your laptop, projector, and screen. You will be given headsets as you enter the room. We encourage you to arrive to the room 15 minutes before the start of your session to get set up. A moderator will keep track of time and allow 10 minutes for your presentation. After each presentation, time will be allotted for a Q&A before audience members switch to the next presentation.
The Silent Disco rehearsal is scheduled for Sunday, January 27th from 5:00-7:00 PM.
Equipment and ARS are not available for Silent Disco presentations.
Special Instructions-Hot Topics
If you are presenting in the Hot Topics format, you will be assigned a moderator who will collect your presentation prior to arriving onsite at IMSH 2019. The moderator will be collecting all presentations for your session and will determine the order and keep time of each presentation. Presenters are allotted 15 minutes to present their topic and participate in a Q&A.
Equipment and ARS are not available for Hot Topic presentations.
If you agreed to participate as a moderator, you will be contacted regarding your scheduled session. Moderators will be utilized during the Hot Topics and Silent Disco formats. Detailed instructions have been included with your notification letter. Please look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your scheduled date and time.
Send an email to email@example.com
or phone the SSH Office of Continuing Education, 866-730-6127.