The deadline for all submissions is Friday, June 5, 2020
Hot to SSH Submit a Technical Proceedings Manuscript to IMSH 2021! Recording Available Password for Recording: IMSH2021!
The IMSH Technical Proceedings is a new content submission option for publication that is being debuted at IMSH 2021. Entries in this category require a full manuscript of four to six pages. If accepted, submitters will be scheduled to give a brief oral presentation at IMSH 2021, and the manuscript will be published after IMSH in the new IMSH Technical Proceedings publication. Papers on various technical topics are desired.
Technical proceedings are an excellent format for sharing:
- Early results of experiments
- Pilot and usability testing of simulation devices
- Technical design and progress of prototype systems
- Discussion of innovative, unique ideas
Benefits of submitting a Technical Proceedings paper:
- Manuscripts are indexed for referencing and information sharing, ensuring your presented information is available for posterity and attributed to you
- Great avenue for new and non-traditional authors to become accustomed to the peer review process
- Share new ideas quickly and broadly
- Publication venue for manuscripts which don’t fit a typical journal submission
Detailed information for submission:
- Submission Process: Technical proceedings will be submitted using the IMSH 2021 content submission portal. It is important to note, the submission process will require the full manuscript for submission, which will undergo a peer-review process. Following review, all authors will receive feedback on their manuscript. If accepted, authors will be notified via email to begin working on their presentation. In order to be published, at least one author must present in person at the conference.
- Written Manuscript: Manuscripts submitted under technical proceedings are short papers, with a length requirement of 4-6 pages. Authors should adhere to Simulation in Healthcare Instructions for formatting and referencing. With the short paper length, there should no more than four total figures and tables.
- Oral Presentation: Presenters of accepted manuscripts will be required to give a 25 minute oral presentation. The format will be stated in your acceptance letter. One author is required to present your paper in order to be published in the IMSH Technical Proceedings. Presenters will have 20 minutes to present their work during a moderated session, with a five minute question and answer portion to follow. Sessions will be scheduled at various times throughout the educational program.
- Publication and Indexing: Following the conference, accepted papers will be published online using the SSRN service from Elsevier. This recurring e-Journal will ensure that proceedings from IMSH are captured for posterity and be available for other researchers to find and cite. Papers will be indexed on Google Scholar and are searchable by SSRN.
Continue to Presenter Information to Submit NOW!