The deadline for all submissions is Friday, June 5, 2020
SIMULATION: BRINGING LEARNING TO LIFE
Welcome to the 21st International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH 2021)! The Planning Team for IMSH 2021 is pleased to announce the opening of the IMSH 2021 Call for Content.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTERS
Content Submission Types Available
- Content Reviewer Application
- Educational Course Proposal
- Research Abstract
- SimVentors Showcase Entry
- Technical Proceedings Paper
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT - ALLOW AMPLE TIME TO ADD CO-PRESENTERS
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, June 5, 2020. Be sure to start your submissions early enough to allow time for all co-presenters to create and update their SSH accounts. This is a requirement for all presenters and must be final by the deadline of 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday, June 5, 2020. Submissions incomplete and pending co-presenter information at the deadline will NOT move forward for peer review.
The content submission database will provide a co-presenter look-up feature. If you do not find your co-presenter through the look-up feature, that individual does not have an account with SSH. You will need to ask your co-presenter to first create an SSH account before he/she can be added to your submission. You may also add your co-presenter with their SSH Contact ID number. Your co-presenter can find the contact ID # number in his/her SSH profile.
Be sure to share the instructions above with co-presenters for creating an SSH account and completing the required profile information.
You will be able to continue completing the submission form, even if you are unable to add a co-presenter immediately. Simply save and close the submission form without finalizing. Once all of your co-presenters have created and updated their SSH accounts, you will be able to log back into your submission, add your co-presenters, and finalize your submission.
All presenters are required to create and maintain an SSH member or non-member profile at ssih.org. Before beginning your submission, please complete the following:
1. Create an account, or log into your existing SSH Profile at ssih.org
2. Complete/update your SSH profile, including all of the following tabs:
- Name (be sure to complete/update position title and institution name)
- Address (be sure to complete business city, state and country)
- Phones/Emails (be sure to note a key email address and key mobile phone number we can use to reach you if necessary)
- Demographics (choose all of the degrees, licensures and certifications, along with any healthcare specialties that apply)
- Bio (complete the bio statement field AND upload your most recent CV using the pdf upload tool at the bottom of the “Bio” tab
- Disclosure (complete all fields to disclose your current financial relationships with relevant entities involved in healthcare simulation). The SSH Disclosure Policy can be found here:
- For assistance creating an account and/or updating your SSH profile, please contact Becca Fletcher, SSH Customer Service Representative.
You are limited to ONE incomplete submission at a time for each content submission type, so if you have an existing submission that you are currently working on, you will need to complete that submission before beginning a new one.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR ALL PRESENTERS
All presenters of content accepted to IMSH 2021 MUST register for the meeting. Several registration options are available, including single-day passes. NOTE: Presenters for Preconference Courses are NOT eligible for single-day passes. All presenters are encouraged to register prior to the Early Bird registration date of Thursday, October 15, 2020.
The IMSH 2021 Planning Team will schedule accepted content for best fit in the meeting. If accepted, presenters must agree to present at the date and time assigned. Scheduling conflicts for Educational Course Directors will be resolved whenever possible, however, co-presenter conflicts will need to be negotiated amongst the presenter team. If you need to edit your presenter listing, send those requests to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Audio-visual support is available for presentations as needed. A non-AV, small workshop option has been added this year for hands-on workshops scheduled in meetings rooms with a capacity of 30 learners or less. Standard AV provided in larger meeting rooms includes one LCD projector, microphones, and speakers.
If accepted for a larger presentation venue, you will present your electronic files (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, etc) from your own computer, laptop, or tablet at the meeting. A projector will be provided. Please bring the appropriate adapter so you can connect your device to the projector. Your connector must connect from your device to a standard HDMI port.
PRINTED COURSE MATERIALS
ANY printed materials presenters wish to distribute to learners must be printed at the presenter’s expense. Course materials will not be printed by SSH. If you do wish to provide printed handouts, please print these materials and bring with you or ship to your hotel addressed. There is a business center onsite and local print shops in the area if you chose to print course materials once onsite in New Orleans.
ELECTRONIC COURSE MATERIALS
A pdf upload feature will be included in the SSH Events App for presenters to use in distributing electronic course materials. It is acceptable to display your institutional/commercial entity logo, in a non-promotional manner, on the first slide of your electronic presentation materials.
SIMULATION INSTRUCTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Additional simulation instructional equipment is available and may be requested during the submission process.
* You must be logged in your own account on the SSH prior to clicking the “Submit NOW!” button. If you are not logged in, you will be redirected to login first.