First, is your innovation a Modification (evolution or change to previously existing device, process, or technology) OR New Innovation (device, process, or technology that has not previously existed) ?
• Mobile Devices and Mobile Learning Systems (including screen-based and mobile learning platforms, virtual interactive medical device simulators, eye-tracking, computer-based decision support tools)
• Moulage and Wearable Simulators and Devices
• Serious Games & Virtual Environments (including screen-based gaming, mobile gaming applications, virtual reality, augmented reality, board or table-top games, mobile applications)
• Simulation Center Operations (including audio/visual, theatrical, process, administration, logistics, communications, and other related concepts)
• Simulation Platforms and Devices (including manikins and task trainers)
Accepted submissions in this format will be presented on Sunday, January 19th, 2020 from 4:00-5:30 PM
Presentation in the SimVentors Showcase
Presenters will be asked to bring their product to IMSH 2020 for showcasing in the SimVentors Showcase, being held on Sunday, January 19, 2020 from 4:00 - 7:00 PM. Presenters will be required to demo from 4:00 - 5:30 PM. Accepted entries will be provided with a space to showcase and demonstrate. During the SimVentors Showcase, presenters will be able to discuss their ideas in an informal format with attendees and vendors. Mentorship is available if you would like more information on the design of your product, patent information, or assistance presenting your ideas!
If your demonstration is a poster, you will be assigned a 4 ft high x 8 ft wide poster board on which to display your work. In most cases, posters do NOT need to fill the provided space. Excessively large posters are both expensive and cumbersome. Posters will be on display beginning Sunday, January 19 at 3:00 PM through Tuesday afternoon, January 21 at 2:00 PM.
IMPORTANT: Promotional Activity NOT Allowed
No “give-aways” or promotional materials are permitted during the SimVentors Showcase. This will be strictly enforced. The idea of the Showcase is to promote collegiality, networking and collaboration in the field.
IMPORTANT: Manufacturer Equipment Warranty
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) strongly recommends that users of simulation-based learning equipment consult with manufacturers regarding equipment warranty and/or repair policies prior to making any modification.