Excellence. Achievement. Recognition.
Set yourself apart from your peers and distinguish yourself as an experienced educator in healthcare simulation by earning the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification.
APPLY TODAY! (please log-in first)
- Receive formal professional recognition of your specialized knowledge, skills, abilities and accomplishments in simulation education.
Confirm your commitment to continued professional development and lifelong learning.
Receive international recognition for your professional accomplishments
- Demonstrate your skills and specialized knowledge to employers, practitioners and the public
- Join 700 professionals from 19 countries who are CHSEs!
- Participate in healthcare simulation in an educational role.
- Focused simulation expertise on learners in undergraduate, graduate, allied health or healthcare practitioners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.*
- Two-year continued use of simulation in healthcare education, research, or administration
*Any candidate who does not have a Bachelor's degree may petition the Committee for consideration of equivalency based on experience.
Benefits of Certification
Improves healthcare simulation education through the identification of best practices and recognition of practice
Improves healthcare simulation education through providing standardization and a pool of knowledge of best practices
Strengthens patient safety efforts through support of simulation modalities
Provides external validation of individual educator knowledge, skills, and attitudes
Strengthens organizational, community, and learner confidence in the quality of education
Garners local support, resources, and commitment
Fosters a feedback loop between education and practice
Encourages performance improvement and knowledge expansion of the individual educator
Programs with certified simulation professionals receive a competitive edge in the community, program offerings, and grant funding
Recognizes expertise in simulation above and beyond domain expertise
Consistent with its mission, SSH developed the certification process for educators focused on healthcare simulation. This program has been developed over a number of years with the input of many individuals representing a wide variety of backgrounds and experience in healthcare simulation. Individuals from the international healthcare simulation community including other simulation societies contributed to the success of CHSE Certification. SSH thanks everyone who has participated in the development of CHSE Certification.
Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator, CHSE and the CHSE logo are all trademarks of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. A currently certified CHSE may use the CHSE title as prescribed in the CHSE handbook. All other uses are forbidden without the express written consent of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.