Does your Simulation Program Meet the Standards?
Let the World Know!
SSH's Accreditation Council of Healthcare Simulation Programs is now accepting applications. There are two annual review cycles with deadlines of December 15 and May 15. If your simulation program has a two-year track record of excellence in assessment, research, or teaching, now is the time to apply for review. We are still accepting New Accreditation applications for the May 15th deadline and Reaccreditation applications for the June 15th deadline.
Accreditation Standards (2016)
The 2016 versions of the Accreditation Standards are required as of the December 15, 2016 application submission date. There remain the five areas for accreditation. All must apply for Core, the remaining areas are optional (must apply for at least one of Assessment, Research, or Teaching/Education). All standards and evidence within each area that a Program applies to become accredited are required. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. It is strongly recommended that the companion documents be downloaded and reviewed first, they include the standards and criteria.
There are often questions about what is meant by each item in the Accreditation Standards. The Accreditation Committee has put together the following companion documents to help applicant programs understand the intent and concept of the Standards in each area. These are not prescriptive, and are intended to help the applicant programs to gain insight into how their own program demonstrates the standards, and what documentation might be needed to support the standard.
Additional Supporting Documents
Multi-site or a consortium?
There are often questions about applying for either Full Accreditation or Provisional Accreditation, and also about whether multiple sites or consortiums meet the criteria to apply as a single program with multiple sites or as a consortium. Please review these documents in order to help find the answers.
Apply for SSH Accreditation
- Review the SSH Accreditation Informational Guide
- Review the SSH Accreditation Self-Study (2016 Standards) (.doc) to determine in which areas you would like to apply for Accreditation
- Explore the Companion Documents (above) for each area. These will help you know what is desired for each standard.
- Before you apply, begin collecting responses for each of the SSH Accreditation Standards for which you plan on applying. When you have the information gathered, please begin the online application process here: https://webportalapp.com/sp/fullaccreditation_2019
- ** All FEES associated with SSH Accreditation will be invoiced to your Program following submission and approval of the application.
Additional Helpful Documents
* Although COVID-19 has currently restricted SSH Program Reviewers from traveling, the SSH Accreditation Council implemented an emergency procedure change allowing for virtual accreditation reviews. This will be a full-day review utilizing webcams by both accreditation reviewers and program. The virtual reviews are underway and have proven successful. We are continuing to have virtual reviews for the May 15, 2020 accreditation application submissions but are hopeful that travel restrictions will be lifted in the future.
** All sample review day agendas are SAMPLES, tentative and subject to change
FOR SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS or QUESTIONS
Kristyn Gadlage (Director of Accreditation) or Elizabeth Holzwarth (Accreditation and Certification Coordinator)