SSH's Accreditation Council of Healthcare Simulation Programs is now accepting applications. There are two annual review cycles with deadlines of February 15 and July 15. If your simulation program has a two-year track record of excellence in assessment, research, or teaching, now is the time to apply for review.
Accreditation Standards (2021)
The 2021 versions of the Accreditation Standards are required as of the July 15, 2012 application submission date. There remain the six areas for accreditation. All must apply for Core, the remaining areas are optional (must apply for at least one of Assessment, Research, or Teaching/Education). All standards and evidence within each area that a Program applies to become accredited are required. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is strongly recommended that the companion documents be downloaded and reviewed first, they include the standards and criteria.
There are often questions about what is meant by each item in the Accreditation Standards. The Accreditation Committee has put together the following companion documents to help applicant programs understand the intent and concept of the Standards in each area. These are not prescriptive and are intended to help the applicant programs to gain insight into how their own program demonstrates the standards, and what documentation might be needed to support the standard.
Additional Supporting Documents
Multi-site or a consortium?
There are often questions about applying for either Full Accreditation or Provisional Accreditation, and also about whether multiple sites or consortiums meet the criteria to apply as a single program with multiple sites or as a consortium. Please review these documents in order to help find the answers.
Apply for SSH Accreditation
- Review the SSH Accreditation Informational Guide
- Review the SSH Accreditation Standards (2021) to determine the areas in which your program meets the criteria.
- Explore the Companion Documents (above) for each area. These will help you know what is desired for each standard.
- Before you apply, begin collecting responses for each of the SSH Accreditation Standards for which you plan to apply. When you have the information gathered, please complete our SSH Accreditation Application Readiness Survey.
- After your survey is completed, it will be reviewed and you will receive an update from SSH Accreditation Staff that details the next steps for your Program.
- ** All FEES associated with SSH Accreditation will be invoiced to your Program following submission and approval of the application.
Not Ready to Apply Just Yet?
Preparing Your Organization’s Application? Join us ONLINE!
Additional Helpful Documents
** All sample review day agendas are SAMPLES, tentative and subject to change
Contact Us with Questions
Kristyn Gadlage (Director of Accreditation), Betsy Holzwarth (Accreditation and Certification Coordinator) or Lizzie Brown (Accreditation Coordinator)