EXCELLENCE. ACHIEVEMENT. RECOGNITION.
The Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator-Advanced® (CHSE-A®) certification is a portfolio-based certification for leaders in healthcare simulation. This certification distinguishes those who have proven themselves to be advanced educators in their practice in healthcare simulation and serve as mentors and examples to others in the field. Individuals who are interested in obtaining this certification and demonstrating their high level of expertise are encouraged to apply.
New Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator-Advanced Simulationists
Congratulations to the following individuals who have been recognized as Certified Healthcare Simulation Educators-Advanced (CHSE-A)! The addition of these individuals means that 76 individuals from 12 countries have been awarded CHSE-A since August 2014: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Ireland, Lebanon, Qatar, Singapore, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
- Soledad Armijo, Universidad del Desarrollo, Santiago, Chile
- Thomaz Bittencourt Couto, Centro de Simulação Realística - Hospital Israelita, Albert Einstein, São Paulo, Brazil
- José Roberto Generoso Júnior, University of Santo Amaro, Santa Casa School of Medicine, Hospital Israelita, Albert Einstein, São Paulo, Brazil
- Luis Llerena, USF Health CAMLS, Tampa, FL
- Stella Major, Division of Medical Education, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar, Doha, Qatar
- Jennifer McCarthy, Seton Hall University, Nutley, NJ
- Toni Roberts, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN
- Renae Schondel, Galen College of Nursing Simulation and Clinical Learning Laboratories, San Antonio, TX
- Lulu Sherif, Father Muller Simulation and Skill Centre, Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore, India
- Carmen Spalding, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- Errol Stern, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
- Vicki Swendroski, Mercy Health Saint Mary’s, Grand Rapids, MI
- Christine Thomas,West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA
The next cycle of applications are due on March 01, 2021. There will be a virtual workshop on creating your CHSE-A structured portfolio in early January.
Application Due Dates
The Certification Council has application cycles for CHSE-A® applications. Applications are due as follows:
- March 1: Applications Due (May 1 notifications of decision)
- September 1: Applications Due (November 1 notifications of decision)
Step 1: Determine CHSE-A® Eligibility
Step 2: Prepare CHSE-A® Portfolio
Step 3: Submit CHSE-A® Application
Step 4: Evaluation of CHSE-A® Application
Step 5: Recognition of CHSE-A®
Step 6: Renewal of CHSE-A®
Individuals who are applying to become a CHSE-A® should read the Application Handbook (pdf).
Individuals who are currently certified as a CHSE-A® and wish to renew or recertify should read the Renewal Handbook (pdf).
Consistent with its mission, SSH developed the certification process for educators focused on healthcare simulation. This program has been developed over a number of years with the input of many individuals representing a wide variety of backgrounds and experience in healthcare simulation. Individuals from the international healthcare simulation community including other simulation societies contributed to the success of CHSE-A® Certification. SSH would like to thank everyone who has participated in the development of CHSE-A® Certification.
Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator-Advanced®, CHSE-A® and the CHSE-A® logo are all trademarks of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. A currently certified CHSE-A® may use the CHSE-A® title as prescribed in the CHSE-A® handbook. All other uses are forbidden without the express written consent of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
Questions? Contact the Certification Director