CHSE-A applications are now reviewed in two application cycles every year. Applicants should be submit their applications prior to the application deadlines each year.
- March 1: Applications are due; reviews are completed over the next two months with notifications being made by May 1.
- September 1: Applications are due; reviews are completed over the next two months with notifications being made by November 1.
The CHSE-A® application is separate from the CHSE® renewal process. There are a few key points the applicant should understand:
- The CHSE-A® is granted assumes the CHSE® expiration dates (no matter how much time is left).
- The applicant should renew their CHSE® if they are close to their expiration date and are applying for CHSE-A®.
- The fees for CHSE-A® application are separate from the CHSE® renewal fee and both must be paid.
- Alternatively, if CHSE-A® is granted and the certificant must now renew, the renewal fee still applies and must be paid.
Download this flowchart (pdf) of how the CHSE-A® application process functions and relates to the CHSE® certification.
The CHSE-A Handbook (pdf) includes the information on requirements, the process for applying, all applicable rules, and any other information that should help the applicant in preparing and submitting a portfolio.
Submitting your Portfolio
Once you have designed and created your portfolio, you are ready to submit!
For Electronic (web-based) Portfolios:
- Complete the Portfolio Submission form (pdf) and email it to email@example.com.
- Submit the required payment at the bottom of this page.
For Paper (Dropbox etc) Portfolios:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange transfer of your portfolio
- Submit the required payment at the bottom of this page
Once your portfolio has been submitted and payment received, you will receive an email. Please allow four (4) weeks for the peer reviewers to complete the review of your portfolio.
Portfolio Application Fees
The fees to apply for CHSE-A are as follows and can be submitted by clicking below after you have submitted your CHSE-A portfolio:
SSH Members $150 (USD) (also applies to organizations that support CHSE-A)
All Others $250 (USD)
Note that this fee is separate from your certification fee, and just covers the application and review of your CHSE-A portfolio.
Questions? Contact the Certification Director