CHSE-A® applications are now reviewed in two application cycles every year. Applicants should submit their applications prior to the application deadlines each year.
- March 1: Applications are due; reviews are completed over the next two months with notifications being made by May 1.
- September 1: Applications are due; reviews are completed over the next two months with notifications being made by November 1.
The CHSE-A® application is separate from the CHSE® renewal process. There are a few key points the applicant should understand:
- The CHSE-A® if granted assumes the CHSE® expiration dates (no matter how much time is left).
- The applicant should renew their CHSE® if they are close to their expiration date and are applying for CHSE-A®.
- The fees for the CHSE-A® application are separate from the CHSE® renewal fee and both must be paid.
- Alternatively, if CHSE-A® is granted and the certificant must now renew, the renewal fee still applies and must be paid.
Download this flowchart (pdf) of how the CHSE-A® application process functions and relates to the CHSE® certification.
The CHSE-A® Handbook (pdf) includes the information on requirements, the process for applying, all applicable rules, and any other information that should help the applicant in preparing and submitting a portfolio.
Submitting your Structured Portfolio
The CHSE-A® Application Worksheet has the instructions for each item that is required for submission. The following are what is required:
Portfolio Application Fees
The fees to apply for CHSE-A® are as follows and can be submitted by clicking below after you have submitted your CHSE-A® portfolio:
SSH Members $150 (USD) (also applies to organizations that support CHSE-A®)
All Others $250 (USD)
Note that this fee is separate from your certification fee, and just covers the application and review of your CHSE-A® portfolio.
Questions? Contact the Certification Director