The SSH SimVentors Showcase is a unique and powerful platform to demonstrate the latest in healthcare technologies, inventions, games and innovations in healthcare simulation. Share ideas, gain feedback, receive mentorship and transition ideas/inventions to end users through the SSH SimVentors Showcase.
The SimVentors Showcase at IMSH is NOT just for new inventions!! It’s for the new ideas you create EVERYDAY!!
- Are you altering the physical environment or creating a new environment using technology or content? Consider an entry describing the immersive technologies and environments (AR, VR, MR, XR, 360 etc.) you have implemented.
- Did you do it for cheap? If you created a low-cost solution, we’d love to see it!
- Are you working in a limited resource environment or developing a solution with limited resources? Your ideas are especially critical for newer simulation programs and those programs struggling to find resources.
- Moulage solutions and innovations – show us your gels, goo and best make-up tricks for making sim real!
- 3D printing solutions are HOT – what have you created for sim with your 3D printers?
- Did you discover a new way to make learning fun online?? Enter your Serious Game for teaching, learning, assessment, evaluation, etc.
- It doesn’t matter what platform you started with, if you modified it, we’re interested in seeing it. You’ve created a technology modification!
- Did you borrow/repurpose something or create it from scratch? Share it with us!
- Did you make something to benefit your governmental military services or agencies in any way? We would love to see what our partners working in simulation within government agencies are innovating.
- Did you create or implement a novel and innovative teaching and learning strategy? We want to share as many of those as we can!
- Did you find a way to make logistics/set-up easier or more efficient? You’ve created an innovation in technical operations and logistics and our community needs to see it!
- What are the unique ways you’re using VR and AR to meet the demands of the pandemic?
SSH SimVentors Showcase Presentation Requirements
Presenters will be asked to bring their product to IMSH 2022 for showcasing in the SSH SimVentors Showcase. Accepted entries will be provided with a space (which includes one 6-foot table and 2 chairs) to showcase and demonstrate. During the SSH SimVentors Showcase, presenters will be able to discuss their ideas in an informal format with attendees and vendors. Mentorship is available if you would like more information on the design of your product, patent information, or assistance presenting your ideas!
Presentation dates and times will be included in your notification letter.
IMPORTANT: Promotion of Commercial Products is NOT Allowed.
No “give-aways” or promotional materials are permitted during the SimVentors Showcase. This will be strictly enforced. The idea of the Showcase is to promote collegiality, networking and collaboration in the field.
IMPORTANT: Manufacturer Equipment Warranty
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) strongly recommends that users of simulation-based learning equipment consult with manufacturers regarding equipment warranty and/or repair policies prior to making any modification.
Presenters will be positioned at a table to provide a demonstration of your entry. The presentation format is informal. You are encouraged to network and provide collegial feedback and discussion about all showcase entries being demonstrated. Standard electrical power and a small table will be provided for you. You are responsible for bringing demonstration materials (e.g. laptops, video, equipment). Wireless internet access will be provided throughout the Convention Center. It is recommended you prepare a back-up of your entry presentation, particularly if you will be using a screen-based environment. Consider a movie clip, saved files on a thumb drive, etc. This will allow you to proceed even if connection speed is not optimal.
(2,500 character max, includes spaces).
Describe how your entry uses and leverages innovation to meet educational needs. This section is intended to give peer reviewers a complete narrative regarding your entry. Be sure to include a description of why there was a need for your project or innovation, how it was developed (include detailed steps), and the outcomes that have been realized as a result.
(2,500 character max, includes spaces)
Describe the problem(s) that is addressed by this invention. What are the existing solutions and what limitations do these current solutions have? Be sure to list the novelty features and benefits of this invention.
Primary Function of Innovation
(250 character max, includes spaces) List the primary function of your invention.
Secondary Function of Innovation
(250 character max)
List the secondary function of your invention.
(3 keywords max)
List 3 words that best represent the main concept of your submission.
Presentation of three take-away lessons learned for attendees:
Present three facts about your submission that could assist attendees
in their decision making about adoption of similar techniques, Examples
of these types of facts would include the level of effort required (man
hours), breakdown of the type of expertise required to develop the
innovation (engineers, UI/UX, etc), or total cost.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships: All contributors to your entry must complete a Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships form before your entry will be considered. The “Disclosure” tab is found on the Proposal Submission homepage on the SSH Presenter Center.