An applicant should determine if they are eligible to apply for CHSOS-A prior to submitting the portfolio. All eligibility criteria must be met prior to applying to becoming certified. Once certified, individuals must continue to meet the eligibility criteria in order to maintain their certified status.
An individual may submit a portfolio for consideration to become certified as a CHSOS-A if they meet the following criteria:
- Currently certified as a CHSOS®
- Participate in healthcare simulation in an operations specialist role.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Document five years of experience in a healthcare simulation operations role.
- Demonstrate focused simulation operations expertise in healthcare simulation activities and settings.
*Any candidate who does not have a bachelor's degree or higher may petition the Council for consideration of equivalency based on combined education and experience.
Questions? Contact the Certification Director