CHSOS-A applications are now reviewed in two application cycles every year. Applicants should submit their applications prior to the application deadlines each year.
- March 1: Applications are due; reviews are completed over the next two months with notifications being made by May 1.
- September 1: Applications are due; reviews are completed over the next two months with notifications being made by November 1.
The CHSOS-A application is separate from the CHSOS® renewal process. There are a few key points the applicant should understand:
- The CHSOS-A if granted assumes the CHSOS® expiration dates (no matter how much time is left).
- The applicant should renew their CHSOS® if they are close to their expiration date and are applying for CHSOS-A®.
- The fees for the CHSOS-A application are separate from the CHSOS® renewal fee and both must be paid.
- Alternatively, if CHSOS-A is granted and the certificant must now renew, the renewal fee still applies and must be paid.
The CHSOS-A Handbook (pdf) includes the information on requirements, the process for applying, all applicable rules, and any other information that should help the applicant in preparing and submitting a portfolio.
Submitting your Structured Portfolio
The CHSOS-A Application Worksheet has the instructions for each item that is required for submission. The following are what is required:
Portfolio Application Fees
The fees to apply for CHSOS-A are as follows and can be submitted by clicking below after you have submitted your CHSOS-A portfolio:
SSH Members $150 (USD) (also applies to organizations that support CHSOS-A®)
All Others $250 (USD)
Note that this fee is separate and just covers the application and review of your chsos-a portfolio.
Questions? Contact the Certification Director
Please complete your payment here when you submit your portfolio