Director of Development
The Director of Development will work with SSH staff, the SSH Development Committee, the Board of Directors, and outside counsel to manage and expand the organization’s development and fundraising program. The Director of Development is a full-time staff position and reports to the Associate Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the effective implementation and growth of the SSH Fund Campaign.
- Manage the Society’s process to identify, cultivate and solicit major gift commitments from individuals and companies.
- Work with the Membership Director to oversee gift/data entry and reporting, as well as provide oversight/maintenance of fundraising components of the database.
- Work with the Society’s Marketing Director to develop and implement marketing/communications initiatives on behalf of the SSH Fund.
- Coordinate all stewardship activities including donor recognition at events, in publications, and personal communication of gratitude from the Development Committee and SSH Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work directly with volunteer leaders, SSH staff and outside fundraising counsel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Association / association foundation fundraising experience preferred.
- CFRE preferred.
Submit a resume/CV and letter of interest to Andrew Spain, SSH Associate Executive Director.
Director of Development Full Description