To Submit your interest online (you must log-in) or follow these steps:
1. Log-in to SSiH.org with your username and password
2. Select Home, then “My SSH”
3. Select the button labeled “Committee Member Interest form”
4. Complete the required steps
CHSE and CHSOS Advisory Teams
Open October 28 – close December 4, 2020. Term will start January 1, 2021 and end December 31, 2022.
- Be CHSE/CHSOS Certified
- Meet via conference call once a month (75% participation required)
- Present at least one (1) live/online Blueprint Review Course per year
- Be active in revising course content, developing practice questions, recording voice overs for modules, and/or development of the new SSH online blueprint review program
Certification Call to Service
Dear SSH Members,
We’d like to offer heartfelt thanks for your contributions to councils, committees, working groups, and task forces over the years. We know your time is valuable and consider your service to the Society a tremendous commitment on your part.
The Certification Council is pleased to take this opportunity to invite all members of the Society who are interested in serving to apply for volunteer service on the following:
- SSH Certification Council (one position)
- CHSE Subcommittee of the Certification Council (one position)
- CHSOS Subcommittee of the Certification Council (two positions)
- CHSE-A Subcommittee of the Certification Council (one position)
- Quality Subcommittee of the Certification Council (one position)
The Council, in both its values and practices, is committed to providing the simulation community with certification practices based on the principles of inclusion and diversity. The Council will seek diversity and inclusiveness in its business practices and will not condone any form of unlawful and/or unethical discrimination. The Council recognizes and values the diverse skills, perspectives, and experiences of the healthcare simulation community and believes inclusiveness enhances the Council’s ability to serve this community. The Council will deliberately and consistently work to include the full range of healthcare simulation characteristics to represent the collective voice of the healthcare simulation community.
While preference is given to those individuals who hold the certifications and/or to those who have demonstrated involvement in SSH certification program activities (e.g. item-writing or other service), all are considered.
Membership in SSH is required to serve on the Council or the subcommittees.
Terms of service commence January 14, 2021 and run to January 24, 2024 (with a second three-year term option).
Interested individuals should submit the following by DECEMBER 18, 2020:
- Your up-to-date CV/resume
- Statement of interest to include responses to the following concepts:
- Identification of which of the above you are applying.
- What is your interest in being a part of the Council or Subcommittee?
- Additional information that supports understanding of your expertise related to this work.
Vision: The vision of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Certification Council is to foster excellence in healthcare simulation internationally through certification.
Mission: The mission of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Certification Council is to promote competence, recognition, and development of healthcare simulationists through standards and processes for certification within the global healthcare simulation community.
Director of Certification
Society for Simulation in Healthcare