An applicant should determine if they are eligible to apply for CHSE® prior to submitting the portfolio. All eligibility criteria must be met prior to applying to becoming certified. Once certified, individuals must continue to meet the eligibility criteria in order to maintain their certified status.
- Currently certified as a CHSE®
- Participate in healthcare simulation in an educational role.
- Possess a masters degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.*
- Document five (5) years of continued simulation use in healthcare education, research, or administration.
- Demonstrate focused simulation educator expertise in healthcare simulation activities and settings.
*Any candidate who does not have a master's degree or higher may petition the Council for consideration of equivalency based on combined education and experience.
The CHSE-A® Handbook has been prepared to support the candidate in fully understanding the entire certification process and requirements. It includes information that is not on the website. It is the responsibility of all applicants, candidates, and certificants to know and adhere to the information in the CHSE-A® Handbook.
Download the CHSE-A® Handbook (pdf) here.
Questions? Contact the Certification Director