EXCELLENCE. ACHIEVEMENT. RECOGNITION.
Be one of the first Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialists (CHSOS) in your simulation center!
APPLY TODAY! (please log-in first)
- Receive formal professional recognition of your specialized knowledge, skills, abilities and accomplishments in simulation operations.
- Confirm your commitment to continued professional development and lifelong learning.
- Receive international recognition for your professional accomplishments.
- Demonstrate your skills and specialized knowledge to employers, practitioners and the public.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to become a CHSOS:
- Participation in healthcare simulation in an operations role
- Focused simulation expertise on learners in undergraduate, graduate, allied health or healthcare practitioners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience*
- Two-years of experience in a healthcare simulation operations role
*Any candidate who does not have a Bachelor's degree may petition the Committee for consideration of equivalency based on experience PRIOR to applying to become a CHSOS. Detailed information on the the equivalency process and information to be submitted can be found on the CHSOS Equivalency webpage
What is an Operations Specialist?
Healthcare simulation operations is representative of various staff and sometimes, faculty roles. The Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist and consequently the designation Simulation Operations Specialist, was not necessarily intended to endorse adoption of “SOS” over other titles. Rather, SOS was to provide an inclusive “umbrella” term that embodies many different roles within healthcare simulation operations, including simulation technician, simulation technology specialist, simulation specialist, simulation coordinator, simulation AV specialist, etc. These roles continue to evolve and is best understood by reviewing the domains expressed through the CHSOS blueprint.
Consistent with its mission, SSH developed the certification process for operations specialists focused on healthcare simulation. This program has been developed over a number of years with the input of many individuals representing a wide variety of backgrounds and experience in healthcare simulation. Individuals from the international healthcare simulation community including other simulation societies contributed to the success of the CHSOS Certification. SSH would like to thank everyone who has participated in the development of the CHSOS Certification.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist, CHSOS, and the CHSOS logo are all trademarks of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. A currently certified CHSOS may use the CHSOS title as prescribed in the CHSOS handbook. All other uses are forbidden without the express written consent of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
Already applied? Check the status of your application.
NOVA supports CHSOS