posted on March 13, 2020 10:23
IMPORTANT NOTICE from the SSH Certification Council:
Our testing partners are working to ensure safe testing conditions. From Prometric:
“Prometric has taken several proactive measures to ensure that every candidate that enters one of our centers is able to test in a safe, protected environment. This includes enhanced cleaning procedures of each station after each exam. Additionally, these actions are intended to protect the health and well-being of the dedicated staff members, who provide invaluable support and assessment services to the thousands of individuals we serve on a daily basis.
Prometric has been actively monitoring the situation via our Incident Management Team (IMT) since news of the Coronavirus first broke. We recognize any decisions to temporarily close individual testing centers may have an impact on a portion of your candidate population, and may require additional considerations by you, the test owner, to ensure that your test-taking population can fulfill their testing, licensing, or certification requirements. Prometric will work collaboratively with you and your team to apply rescheduling policies and provide candidate assistance for any displaced candidates.”
What this means to you:
Applying to become either a CHSE or CHSOS:
- There is no disruption in this process, you can complete your application and submit for payment as normal.
Scheduling an exam:
- You can choose to schedule your exam as usual.
-I f you have not yet scheduled your exam and would like to have your testing window extended to wait until later, please contact us to make the extension.
If you are already scheduled to take an exam:
- You can choose to take the exam at the scheduled date, time, and location.
- If you are in a high-risk group, or you would prefer to reschedule to a later date and time, please contact us to make changes (including just holding any further scheduled time).
- IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS, OR ARE ILL WITH THE COVID-19 VIRUS, please contact us as immediately as possible to cancel your scheduled exam, we will reschedule when you are healthy.
- In the event that testing centers are closed, we (or Prometric) will reach out to you and take appropriate steps.
- DURING THIS TIME: SSH will waive any change fees for rescheduling due to COVID-19.
Many of you are facing unexpected and demanding challenges at this time. While we wish to see you become certified, your safety and well-being must come first. Ensuring a safe, protected testing environment is essential. Please contact email@example.com with any questions, or if you need assistance with accomplishing any of the items above.