posted on March 17, 2020 14:41
March 17, 2020
Dear Healthcare Simulation Community:
The rapidly changing COVID-19 situation has led to the closure of U.S. and Canadian testing sites for our certification exams (CHSE and CHSOS), effective IMMEDIATELY. At this time, Prometric/IQT (our testing vendors) anticipate reopening on April 16. (Click here to see the full announcement.) We will post updates as they are sent to us. Many international testing sites have already been closed or are likely to close.
What this means for the CHSE and CHSOS certifications:
- NEW APPLICATIONS: applications can still be submitted at any time.
- APPROVED CANDIDATES: If you are currently approved or your application is approved to test, and you have not yet scheduled a date/time/location to take the exam, we will extend your testing window to September 01, 2020. You will be able to sign up for a date/time/location through that date.
- CANCELED EXAMS/SCHEDULED EXAMS: If your testing date/time/location was canceled, you will be reset into the approved category, and we will extend your testing window to September 01, 2020. You will be able to sign up for a date/time/location through that date.
- RENEWALS: can still be completed normally (entering CPD and submitting renewal fee).
- Recertifications by exam will be handled individually with extended testing windows and other accommodations as needed to support recertification.
We appreciate your patience at this time and recognize that further changes may be coming. We continue to work with Prometric and IQT to ensure your testing environment is safe, and ready for you to test when operations return to normal.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Certification Council