SSH Certification Vision and Mission
Vision: The vision of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Certification Council is to foster excellence in healthcare simulation internationally through certification.
Mission: The mission of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Certification Council is to promote competence, recognition, and development of healthcare simulationists through standards and processes for certification within the global healthcare simulation community.
- Receive formal professional recognition of your specialized knowledge, skills, abilities and accomplishments in simulation education.
- Confirm your commitment to continued professional development and lifelong learning.
- Receive international recognition for your professional accomplishments
- Demonstrate your skills and specialized knowledge to employers, practitioners and the public
- Join over 2000 healthcare simulationists from 37 countries who have become certified!
Benefits of Certification
- Improves healthcare simulation education through the identification of best practices and recognition of practice
- Improves healthcare simulation education through providing standardization and a pool of knowledge of best practices
- Strengthens patient safety efforts through support of simulation modalities
- Provides external validation of individual educator knowledge, skills, and attitudes
- Strengthens organizational, community, and learner confidence in the quality of education
- Garners local support, resources, and commitment
- Fosters a feedback loop between education and practice
- Encourages performance improvement and knowledge expansion of the individual educator
- Programs with certified simulation professionals receive a competitive edge in the community, program offerings, and grant funding
- Recognizes expertise in simulation above and beyond domain expertise
The following organizations support CHSE®, CHSOS®, and CHSE-A®
Contact the Certification Coordinator with any questions